Accountability, Performance and Support
The CDE supports districts and schools through an educational system focused on ensuring all students will exit Coloradoís K-12 schools ready for postsecondary education and workforce success. CDEís Accountability, Performance and Support Division provides a framework that establishes performance expectations for districts and schools, defines how performance will be measured and evaluated, and outlines the assistance the State will provide in support of local efforts to create and sustain high-performing schools. Federal program accountability measures also provide information on where and how to direct resources, specific to the federal programís purpose.
The Accountability, Performance and Support Division includes the following units:
- Accountability and Data Analysis Unit
- District and School Performance
- Exceptional Student Services Unit
- Federal Programs Unit
- Improvement Planning Unit
- The 2011-12 District and School Performance Framework reports are available here: http://www.schoolview.org/performance.asp.
- A Priority Improvement and Turnaround Supplement to the accountability handbook can be accessed here: http://www.cde.state.co.us/Accountability/Downloads/PriorityImprovementTurnaroundSupplement.pdf.
- Colorado has received a waiver from provisions of the No Child Left Behind law. Access information on the NCLB waiver page.
- District Accountability Handbook: The District Accountability Handbook provides an overview of accountability requirements for districts and schools.
- Priority Improvement and Turnaround Supplement: The Priority Improvement and Turnaround Supplement is an additional resource for Priority Improvement and Turnaround districts and schools. This supplemental handbook is intended to build upon the information included in the CDE District Accountability Handbook.
- UIP Handbook: The Unified Improvement Planning Handbook is a step-by-step guide to the Unified Improvement Planning process and template. The handbook and other additional resources are available at the Unified Improvement Planning- Training and Support Resources page.
- UIP Addenda: Addenda to support the UIP process were released in October. Access them under the Unified Improvement Planning- Templates page. Also available are the State Accountability Policies & Procedures.