The Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) Cadre was developed to increase statewide capacity of trainers and coaches that could support schools and districts as they engage in the UIP process. Cadre members include independent contractors, BOCES staff and district staff from all regions of the state. They were selected based on their established experience with data analysis, root cause analysis and action planning. Cadre members all participated in intensive training associated with UIP process, including:
- Gathering and organizing data
- Identifying trends
- Prioritizing performance challenges
- Root Cause Analysis
- Setting Targets
- Identifying interim measures
- Identifying Major Improvement Strategies
- Creating action plans
- Progress monitoring action plans
- Facilitating stakeholders (e.g., staff, parents) in the analysis and planning process
An invitation for participation in the Cadre was extended to the leadership of all districts in Spring 2011 and selected groups (e.g., SST/CADI members). There are a number of individuals participating with the cadre as a part of their regular position so that they can better support their own district or BOCES – and sometimes to offer expertise to neighboring areas.
How to Access UIP Cadre Support
CDE has prepared a list of the UIP Cadre members that are available to support schools and districts in their planning efforts. While CDE will continue to provide training for UIP Cadre members, CDE does not employ them. Also note that CDE has not determined the effectiveness at providing services on the UIP process. Schools and districts may contact the UIP Cadre members directly and make arrangements for engaging their time. Click on the link below to access the Cadre listing.
----- CADRE LISTING -----
The information provided regarding the listed individuals is provided for information purposes only. The Colorado Department of Education does not endorse, represent or warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content, services or other materials provided by these educational service providers. Any reliance upon any information, content, materials, products, services or vendors included on or found through this listing shall be the user’s responsibility. When selecting any vendor to provide services, local purchasing policies should be followed.
Available Resources to Support UIP Cadre Member Work
Schools and districts should consider using:
- Local funds and grants
- ESEA funds (e.g., Titles I, IIA, III) – especially if the school or district are identified for improvement under one of the Title programs
- Two school and district level grants are being released that provide hiring UIP Cadre members as an allowable expense: Diagnostic Review Grant and the Improvement Support Partnership Grant. Check out the Competitive Grants and Awards page for the latest information.
For More Information
For questions about the UIP Cadre, please contact Erin Loften at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.866.6642