Office of Standards And Instructional Support (SIS)
Important Message from the Office of Standards and Instructional Support (SIS):
April 18, 2013
Welcome to the website of the Standards and Instructional Support office! The processes and products of Colorado’s District Sample Curriculum Project represent just a couple examples of how this office is supporting the field during the transition to the Colorado Academic Standards (CAS). Highlights of the project thus far include:
- Nearly 700 teacher-created curriculum samples (available in word and PDF format) based on the CAS and organized:
- General and content specific resources that explore and explain the sample and template components
- NEW: A Process Guide for Translating the Colorado Academic Standards into Curriculum
As we move closer to the implementation of the Colorado Academic Standards (CAS), however, we are committed to responding to the field’s need for additional support tools and resources. In keeping with this commitment, we are excited to announce that this summer, the final phase of Colorado’s District Sample Curriculum Project will:
- Bring together Colorado teachers and district leaders to create instructional units based on the curriculum samples
- Produce at least one full instructional unit at every grade and for every content area that reflects a model of educators working together to plan for the instruction of all students
The details regarding the work of this phase as well as the application to participate are now available.
As always, we strive to ensure that visitors find value in their (re)visits to this website; that its content will consistently represent relevant, usable, and timely information/materials. Please let us know how we are doing!
Director of Standards and Instructional Support
Most Popular SIS Pages:
Expanding Student Learning
When we intentionally integrate...
- Coherent and rigorous academic standards
- Innovative and engaging learning options
- Supported and effective educators
- Aligned and meaningful assessments
- Statewide and district accountability
We can personalize learning and ignite the potential of every student.
For Website support through the Office of Standards and Instructional Support, please e-mail Anna Huffman.