2013-14 Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
About the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
The primary responsibilities of the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board are:
- Establishing guidelines for the administration of the ASCENT program.
- Advising and assisting local school education providers and institutions of higher education in preparing cooperative agreements.
- Recommending improvements or changes to state policies to better accommodate concurrent enrollment programs.
- Providing recommendations and considerations on waiver provisions necessary for the success of the ASCENT program.
- Preparing and submitting a final report to the state board of education and the Commission on Higher Education, which includes the established administration guidelines and all above recommendations and improvements to advance ASCENT and other concurrent enrollment programs.
2011-2012 Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
Geri Anderson – DHE appointment
Geri Anderson currently serves as interim vice president for academic and student affairs and provost for the Colorado Community College System.
Renie Del Ponte – CTE appointment
Renie Del Ponte is the director of career and technical education for Jefferson County Public Schools, the largest school district in Colorado.
Chahnuh A. Fritz – CDE appointment
Chahnuh A. Fritz is the counseling coordinator at Overland High School in Cherry Creek Schools.
Chelsy Harris – DHE appointment
Chelsy Harris is the director of high school programs at Pikes Peak Community College.
Dan Jorgensen – CDE appointment
Dan Jorgensen serves as the principal consultant of the Response to Intervention/Positive Behavior Intervention & Support within the Department of Education.
Mark Rangel – CDE appointment
Mark Rangel is the director of instructional support for Morgan County School District Re-3. Rangel is also a consultant for the Educational Research and Training Corporation.
Cliff Richardson – Governor’s appointment
Cliff Richardson is the interim President for Community College of Denver.
Deborah Schmitt – DHE appointment
Deborah Schmitt is currently the vice president for academic affairs over arts and sciences programs at Colorado Mountain College.
Scott Stump – CTE appointment
Scott Stump is dean of career & technical education for the Colorado Community College System.
Vaughn Toland – DHE appointment
Vaughn Toland currently serves as interim director of admissions and outreach at Metropolitan State College of Denver.
Jill R. Toussaint - CDE appointment
Jill Toussaint is the Director of Academic Advising and Postsecondary Options at G.O.A.L. Academy.