STEM Education (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)This site provides a hub of STEM information and resources to support the academic achievement of all students in Colorado.
Content support through the Colorado Department of Education will address essential elements of a comprehensive district plan to offer standards based teaching and learning. Our intent is to:
- provide tools and supports,
- deliver clear, timely communication,
- enhance collaboration between and among all stakeholders,
- identify research-based approaches to curriculum development and teaching and learning,
- promote professional development opportunities, and
- align and integrate elements of CDE's Strategic Initiatives where appropriate.
We aim to provide tools for the empowerment of all stakeholders to actively participate in the process of implementing the Colorado Academic and English Language Proficiency Standards and transforming teaching and learning throughout the State of Colorado. This two-page document provides brief descriptions of the history, substance, and instructional shifts of the Colorado Academic Standards and their focus on all students, all standards.
STEM Education is “An interdisciplinary approach to learning
where rigorous academic concepts are coupled with real-world
lessons as students apply science, technology, engineering and
mathematics in context that make connections between school,
community, work, and the global enterprise, enabling the
development of STEM literacy and with it the ability to compete
in the new economy.”
-- Tsupros, Kohler, & Hallinen, 2009
For website assistance in STEM, please contact Violeta Garcia.