If you are interested in taking online courses or accessing other resources/trainings related to Family, School, and Community Partnering (FSCP), please visit the RtI Family web page.
The family-school partnering component of the State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG) grant focuses on several key actions in successfully accomplishing the grant objective, To increase the meaningful participation of families in RtI/PBIS implementation in LEAs.
These include the following:
- Developing a research-based curriculum, linked to the Colorado RtI/PBIS framework, which can be implemented in multiple venues for diverse stakeholders;
- Providing a menu of stakeholder learning opportunities which includes regional trainings, compacted presentations for existing conferences, an online course, and a website with adaptable tools and materials;
- Collecting higher education information on the current practices and needs in preparing future educators to work with families, so as to provide identified support and resources for faculty/programs;
- Creating a Colorado Family-School Partnering Community of Practice to increase the intentional application of partnering practices in improving student outcomes
The Colorado Department of Education has partnered with two federally-funded family organizations in supporting these actions:
Several CDE initiatives are working with RtI/PBIS and Exceptional Student Services Unit on this component, including Dropout Prevention and School Engagement; Language, Culture, and Equity; Office of Federal Program Administration; and Early Childhood Initiatives.
- RtI Action Network’s Partnering with Families in an RtI Framework, Colorado Department of Education - A summary of the SPDG family-school partnering work
- The most recent family-school partnership training included a diverse audience, with 80 attendees who represented 15 different roles including families, family liaisons, building principals, and teachers. The SPDG partners, CPIRC, PEAK Parent Center, and Denver Metro Community Parent Resource Center shared in the presentations and discussion.