Comprehensive Health Education Grants
The "Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act of 1990" encourages every school district to provide a pre K-12th grade planned, sequential health education program. Parental and community involvement in the program is stressed. Parents and guardians have the right to exempt from any or all of the health education program. Local health advisory councils are encouraged and should be representative of the norms and values of the community.
A New Request for Proposals will be released November 2018.
- Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act (CHEA) (PDF)
- Comprehensive Health 2016-19 Funding Contacts
- Policies and Guidelines for Colorado Comprehensive Health and Physical Education Standards and Instruction
The State Board of Education adopted Comprehensive Health Education and Physical Education Standards in December, 2009.
- Colorado’s Comprehensive Health Education and Physical Education Standards
- Frequently asked questions about standards implementation (PDF)
- Revised Standards and Assessment Development Overview (PDF)
Currently Funded Districts
- Adams-Arapahoe 28J (APS)
- Archuleta School District 50JT
- Boulder Valley School District
- Center Consolidated Schools 26JT
- Hayden School District
- Jefferson County Public School District
- La Veta School District RE-2
- Poudre School District
- South Routt School District
- Steamboat Springs School District RE-2
- Steamboat Springs School District RE-2 North Routt
For more information, please contact:
Jamie Hurley, Office of Health & Wellness at 303.866.6453
Comprehensive Health & Physical Education Training Offerings
Trainer: Jamie Hurley – Comprehensive Health & Physical Education Principal Consultant
Contact Information: email@example.com
My goal with offering regional and district trainings is to develop a training specifically tailored for the needs of the educators in each district/region. The offerings listed below can be combined to create half day or full day professional development.
Each training will provide the following for each participant:
- Substitute pay
- Classroom resources
- Health & Physical Education Standards
- District Sample Curriculum Instructional Units
- Lesson Planning Development
- Instructional Strategies
- Student Learning Objectives
- Scope & Sequence development for Health & Physical Education
- Formative and Performative assessment development
*** Please contact Jamie Hurley (p: 303.866.6453) directly if you would like to discuss possible training dates and desired content for your teachers.