The "Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act of 1990" encourages every school district to provide a pre K-12th grade planned, sequential health education program. Parental and community involvement in the program is stressed. Parents and guardians have the right to exempt from any or all of the health education program. Local health advisory councils are encouraged and should be representative of the norms and values of the community.
- 2016-17 Comprehensive Health Education Budget Template
- 2016-17 Comprehensive Health recorded webinar
- Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act (CHEA) (PDF)
- Comprehensive Health 2016-19 Funding Contacts
- Policies and Guidelines for Colorado Comprehensive Health and Physical Education Standards and Instruction
The State Board of Education adopted Comprehensive Health Education and Physical Education Standards in December, 2009.
- Colorado’s Comprehensive Health Education and Physical Education Standards
- Frequently asked questions about standards implementation (PDF)
- Revised Standards and Assessment Development Overview (PDF)
For more information, please contact:
Phyllis Reed, Office of Health & Wellness at 720.498.2059