The "Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act of 1990" encourages every school district to provide a pre K-12th grade planned, sequential health education program. Parental and community involvement in the program is stressed. Parents and guardians have the right to exempt from any or all of the health education program. Local health advisory councils are encouraged and should be representative of the norms and values of the community.
- 2013-2014 Comprehensive Health Education – Request for Proposal-Due May 1, 2013
- Comprehensive Health Education Budget Template
An application training webinar was held on Monday, April 1, 2013. To view this technical assistance opportunity, click on the webinar link: http://connect.enetcolorado.org/p49u8wb6qcd/
The State Board of Education adopted Comprehensive Health Education and Physical Education Standards in December, 2009.
- Colorado’s Comprehensive Health Education and Physical Education Standards (PDF)
- Frequently asked questions about standards implementation (PDF)
- Revised Standards and Assessment Development Overview (PDF)
Past Years Funding Highlights:
- 2011-2012 Report on how funded programs are meeting HB 1292 requirements (DOC)
- Comprehensive Health Education Grant Highlights 2011-2012 (DOC)
- Barriers to Comprehensive Health Education 2011-2012 (DOC)
- Funded by
Comprehensive Health Education in 2012-2013 (DOC)
For more information, please contact:
Kathleen Patrick, Office of Health & Wellness at (303) 866-6779