Major Topics of Interest
- The Impact of Family Involvement on the Education of Children Ages 3 to 8 - Francis L. Van Voorhis, Michelle F. Maier, Joyce L. Epstein, Chrishana M. Lloyd
Columbine High School
Ten Years After Columbine: Highlights of State Safety Efforts
Colorado school safety has improved. Combined effort has been instrumental in the process. Attached are some of the key milestones that contributed to the effort.
Threat Assessment/Warning Signs
- U.S. Secret Service Bystander Study Regarding Targeted School Violence - pdf
- Threat Assessment in Schools: A Guide to Managing Threatening Situations and to Creating Safe School Climates - pdf
- Warning Signs for Violence Prevention -- American Psychological Association
- Early Warning, Timely Response -- Information from the United States Department of Education
- Safe2Tell -- Colorado's anonymous reporting tip-line that aids students, teachers, or parents to break the Code of Silence when they have information about unsafe or endangering behavior at school.
- Emergency Management for Schools: Key Resources - pdf
- Practical Information on Crisis Planning: A Guide for Schools and Communities -- The Office of Safe and Drug-Free School, U.S. Department of Education
- Colorado Division of Emergency Management
- Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center - The REMS TA Center Web site offers additional school-based resources addressing emergency management through its four phases. Resources include three major publications series, archived training materials, referral links and the opportunity to pose direct technical assistance questions.
- FEMA's Emergency Management Institute offers free on-line courses to train school official to prepare for and manage emergencies.
- If a traumatic event has occurred
- Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence-Blueprints Programs
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service-School Based Programs
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Model Programs
- Program Glossary (Provided by the United States Department of Education, Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools as a component of a National Study Questionnaire) - pdf
- After a Suicide: A Toolkit for Schools -- This document was created by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and Suicide Prevention Resource Center Workgroup - pdf
- School Based Youth Suicide Prevention Guide
- The Suicide Prevention Coalition of Colorado wishes to reduce suicide and its impact in Colorado through the promotion of prevention and intervention activities that address the needs of Colorado's diverse population.
Colorado Quitline information Tobacco cessation support
- National Center for School Engagement (Colorado Foundation for Families and Children)
Violence Prevention in Schools
- Introductory Packet on Violence Prevention and Safe Schools from the UCLA Center for Mental Health in Schools - pdf
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children -- Child Safety is More Than a Slogan, Stranger-Danger Warnings Not Effective for Keeping Kids Safer
- School Safety Audit Checklist - pdf
For Additional Information Contact:
Joyce M. Washington, Title ID Coordinator
Send an email