The assurances for written evaluation systems are intended to ensure that school districts and BOCES across Colorado implement written evaluation systems that are aligned with Senate Bill 10-191 and the State Board Rules for the Evaluation of Licensed Personnel. CDE successfully collected assurances from all districts last year indicating how licensed personnel in their district or BOCES will be evaluated.
- View a summary of the data that was collected in 2015
- View a summary of the data that was collected in 2014
Assurance Process for 2016
Each year, by July 1st, Colorado districts and BOCES are required to submit assurances that they are implementing the State Model Evaluation System or another evaluation system that is aligned with Senate Bill 10-191 and State Board Rules.
- Assurance 1: What evaluation system is being used to evaluate each category of licensed personnel employed by the district/BOCES?
- Assurance 2: Is the district/BOCES meeting all the requirements outlined in sections 5.01 (Principals and Teachers), and 4.04 (Specialized Service Professionals) of the State Board Rules for Written Evaluation Systems
- Assurance 3: What is the website address where district/BOCES evaluation information may be located?
- Signed by the Superintendent/BOCES Executive Director AND the School Board President/BOCES Board Chairperson.
In an effort to reduce the burden on districts and BOCES the assurances will be collected using Wufoo (an online form similar to Survey Monkey). Superintendents/BOCES Executive Directors will receive an email by May 1st detailing the following Assurance process.
The Superintendent/BOCES Executive Director
- Completes web form online
- Receives a copy of everything submitted via email
- Prints report and obtains signatures from both the Superintendent and Board President/BOCES Board Chairperson
- E-mails signed copy to Tricia Majors by Friday, July 1st (Subject Line: 2016 Signed Assurances)
- Files original
- 2016 Essential Elements of a Local Personnel Evaluation System (a checklist designed to assist districts with Assurance # 2)
- Step by step instructions for submitting 2016 Assurances