The purpose of the READ data collection is to collect data needed to fulfill statutory requirements for the annual legislative report and to determine per-pupil funding for districts by taking the count of students at the end of year who have a significant reading deficiency. Districts submit records of spring assessment data for all K-3rd grade students enrolled at the time of data submission and 4-12th grade students who are included in the READ Cohort.
The 2017-2018 READ data collection opens Monday, April 2, 2018. Districts must have their READ data file and Budget Planning Survey submitted and locked by Friday, June 15, 2018. The deadline for file re-submissions is July 2, 2018.
File Layout and Definitions
READ Collection Trainings
Upcoming Trainings: READ Collection Training Schedule
- General READ Collection Training - Tuesday, February 22, 2018 - 2:00-3:00pm
- Budget Planning and Reporting Survey Training - Tuesday, March 6, 2018 - 10:00- 11:00am
- Budget Planning and Reporting for 2017 Data Collection Webinar (Updated 2/6/17)
- Budget Planning and Reporting for 2017 Data Collection (PPT) (Updated 2/6/17)
- 2016-17 READ Collection Changes Webinar
- 2016-17 READ Collection Changes (PPT)
- 2016-17 First Year READ Respondents Training Webinar
- 2016-17 First Year READ Respondents Training (PPT)
- Use of Per-Pupil Intervention Funds
- READ File Layout Template (3_16_17)
- READ Budget Planning Survey Template
- Spring 2018 FAQ's
- Cut Scores Documents for Interim Assessments
Please contact Whitney Westgaard or call at 303-866-6421 for questions about the READ Collection or to be added to the list serve.