April 25, 2011
Next Meeting of Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board Is Wednesday, April 27 in Denver
The next meeting of the Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board (CCAB) is scheduled for Wednesday, April 27.
The meeting will be held from 1 to 3:30 p.m. at the Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax Ave., Room 101, in Denver.
The meeting agenda includes:
- Roll call;
- Approve agenda;
- Approve minutes from March meetings;
- Board report;
- Director’s report
- Announcement of public hearing on Wednesday, May 25 regarding the Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST) rules;
- Review BEST grant application summary by fiscal year;
- Ground-breaking ceremonies:
- Park County School District RE-2 on April 20;
- Center Consolidated School District 26JT, May 5 at 5:30 p.m.;
- Mapleton Public Schools, May 10 at 10:30 a.m.;
- Monte Vista School District, May 19, time TBD;
- Salida School District R-32-J, May 24, time TBD;
- Ribbon-cutting announcements:
- Campo School District RE 6, April 30 at 4:30 p.m.;
- Sangre De Cristo School District, July 16, time TBD;
- Alamosa School District RE-11J, Aug. 26, time TBD;
- Discuss meetings with state treasurer’s office regarding certificates of participation financing;
- BEST program update – Discuss the total employment created and supported through director, indirect and induced costs from the BEST program;
- Review options for funding master plans and approve a policy for master plans;
- Approve funding for charter school match percentage calculation investigation;
- Discussion topics
- Review assurances and certifications;
- Discuss need for back-up projects for the 2011-2012 grant cycle and develop guidelines;
- Discuss the sorting rubric guidelines for lease-purchase projects and review the 2011-2012 grant review process;
- Discuss BEST construction guidelines;
- Future meetings (all
meetings will be held at the Colorado Department of Education, 201 E.
Colfax Ave., Room 101 unless otherwise noted)
- Wednesday, May 25 - from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Monday – Thursday, June 27-30, from 8:30-5 p.m. Location: PPA Event Center 2105 Decatur St. Denver, CO 80211
- Wednesday, July 27 - from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 24 - from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Public comment;
- Executive session (2:45 p.m.);
For more information, contact Ted Hughes, director of division of public school capital construction assistance at 303-866-6948.
The BEST legislation increases the level of financial assistance provided to school districts, charter schools, Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) and the Colorado School for the Deaf & Blind for capital construction projects, particularly in those school districts that can’t afford to meet their own needs.
The function of the Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board is to protect the health and safety of persons using public school facilities and to maximize student achievement by ensuring public school facilities provide a safe and un-crowded environment that is conducive to student learning.
For more information on the Capital Construction Assistance Board and to read board minutes, visit http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdefinance/CapConstmain.htm