Feb. 8, 2011
State Board Of Education Agendas For Wednesday, Feb. 9 And Thursday, Feb. 10
The Colorado State Board of Education will hold meetings this week on Wednesday, Feb. 9 and Thursday, Feb. 10.
The meetings will begin each day at 9 a.m. in the first-floor board room at the Colorado Department of Education offices, 201 E. Colfax Ave., in Denver.
Audio for the state board meeting is streamed live during the meeting at http://www.cde.state.co.us/index_sbe.htm. To view a detailed agenda including support documents, visit http://www.boarddocs.com/co/cde/Board.nsf/Public.
Following are the agendas:
Wednesday, Feb. 9
- Approval of the agenda.
- Reports from members of the State Board of Education.
- Director of state board of education relations report.
- Discussion of committee assignments.
10 a.m.—Presentation of Rural Needs Study.
10:30 a.m.—Preliminary report of the State Council for Educator Effectiveness.
11:30 a.m.—Report from the Average Daily Membership Committee.
4 p.m.—Legislative Update.
- 1:30 p.m.—Rulemaking Hearing: Proposed amendments to the rules for the administration of Statewide Accountability Measures.
- 2 p.m.—Rulemaking Hearing: Proposed amendments to the rules for the administration of the Colorado School Awards program.
- 2:05 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.—Charter School Appeal: Loveland Classical School vs. Thompson School District R2-J.
- Disciplinary proceedings concerning a license, Charge No. 2010EC05.
- Disciplinary proceedings concerning a license, Charge No. 2010EC22.
- Request for approval of monthly initial emergency authorizations (monthly total 19).
- Approval of increase to educator licensing fees.
- Submission of the undergraduate drama teacher program by Fort Lewis College.
- Approval of notice of rulemaking hearing concerning proposed amendments to the rules for the accountability of Alternative Education Campuses.
- Approval of state share payments under the Public School Finance Act of 1994 for February, 2011.
- Resolution supporting school improvement in Colorado school districts.
Thursday, Feb. 10
- 9 a.m.—Recognition of the Colorado Distinguished Title I Teacher: Pamela Williamson-Rybolt, Aurora West College Preparatory Academy, Aurora Public Schools. (See previous CDE news release: http://bit.ly/g8nV6m)
- 9:15 a.m.—Commissioner’s report.
- 10:30 a.m.—Discussion regarding Kit Carson School District’s application to become an Innovation School District.
- 11 a.m.—Commissioner search.
- Executive session (over lunch).
- 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.—Prospect Ridge Academy vs. Adams 12 Five Star Schools hearing on whether state board has jurisdiction.
- Resolution regarding parental notification upon an arrest made or charges brought against a school employee.
- Kit Carson School District’s application to become an Innovation School District.
For technical assistance, E-Mail: CDE_Communications_Office@cde.state.co.us