Dec. 13, 2010
Average Daily Membership Advisory Committee Meets Wednesday, Dec. 15
The Average Daily Membership Advisory Committee will meet Wednesday, Dec. 15, in the Capitol Peak Room at the offices of the Colorado Association of School Boards (CASB). \
The meeting will be held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. The CASB offices are located at 1200 Grant St. in downtown Denver.
The agenda includes:
Review, updates, questions, comment
Other state information
Committee discussion time
The date, time and location of the next meeting have not yet been determined.
The committee was created by Senate Bill 10-008, which called for a study of different ways to change the enrollment count system and required the appointment of an advisory board to oversee the work.
The Colorado Department of Education has contracted with Augenblick, Palaich and Associates for a study to evaluate the feasibility, local education provider impact and design of an average daily membership system of determining a districtís pupil enrollment.
The contractor will consult with the advisory committee as it conducts the study.
The areas of study shall include, but need not be limited to, the following:
1. Research regarding the incentives of count dates on school attendance and enrollment.
2. The advantages and disadvantages of different student enrollment count methods.
3. Policies in other states regarding student enrollment counts and the effects of those policies.
4. A cost analysis of developing a data system to implement an alternative count date system to the system specified in this article.
5. The effects that alternative count date mechanisms would have on the amount of funding that local education providers receive individually and statewide.
6. Various methods and timeliness for implementing an alternative count date mechanism.
7. Input from the Advisory Committee.
For more about the Average Daily Membership Study, visit the CDE Web site at this link: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdefinance/AverageDailyMembershipStudy.htm
For technical assistance, E-Mail: CDE_Communications_Office@cde.state.co.us