This site provides a hub of Comprehensive Health and Physical Education information and resources to support the academic achievement of all students in Colorado.
Content support through the Colorado Department of Education will address essential elements of a comprehensive district plan to offer standards based teaching and learning. Our intent is to:
- provide tools and supports,
- deliver clear, timely communication,
- enhance collaboration between and among all stakeholders,
- identify research-based approaches to curriculum development and teaching and learning,
- promote professional development opportunities, and
- align and integrate elements of CDE's Strategic Initiatives where appropriate.
We aim to provide tools for the empowerment of all stakeholders to actively participate in the process of implementing the Colorado Academic and English Language Proficiency Standards and transforming teaching and learning throughout the State of Colorado.This two-page document provides brief descriptions of the history, substance, and instructional shifts of the Colorado Academic Standards and their focus on all students, all standards.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Comprehensive Health and Physical Education in Colorado is generously supported by the:
This allows RMC Health to be able to offer Comprehensive Health Education trainings that support the implementation of these entirely new standards and for CDE’s Office of Healthy Schools to offer trainings for physical education and physical activity. Check out the professional development page for more information on how to schedule a training in your area!
For website assistance in Comprehensive Health and Physical Education, please contact Phyllis Reed