- TCAP Test Proctor Manuals
- Procedures Manual
- Colorado Accommodations Manual
- Colorado Accommodations Guide for English Language Learners
- TCAP SAC/DAC Manual
- 2011 Annual Report to the Legislature
- 2010 Annual Report to the Legislature
- 2009 Annual Report to the Legislature
- Student Performance Report
- Performance Level Summary Report
- GRT Data File Layouts
- What: Indicates the layout or format of the GRT (general research tape) file.
Standard Setting Procedures
What: A detailed overview of the process used to describe how the cut-points for the performance levels (i.e., partially proficient, proficient, advanced) were set.
Links to Grade Level Proficiency Level Descriptors by Grade level and Content Area:
These descriptors were written by the groups of Colorado educators gathered for the Bookmarking procedure doing the Standard Setting following the first administration of each grade level content area CSAP. They define the behaviors and skills students actually demonstrated on items within each performance level on that first test administration. Though new items are refreshed on the CSAP tests annually, inferences can be made as to the skills and behaviors of students scoring within each performance level - Advanced, Proficient, Partially Proficient and Unsatisfactory.
- Requires students to recite or recall of information including fact, formula, or simple procedure.
- May be asked to demonstrate a rote response, use a well-known formula, follow a set procedure (like a recipe), or perform a clearly defined series of steps.
- Requires some mental processing beyond a habitual response.
- Requires students to make some decisions on how to approach a task or problem.
- Requires reasoning, planning, using evidence and in most cases to “explain their thinking.”
- Requires students to go beyond; to explain, to generalize, or connect ideas.
- Requires some complex reasoning, planning, developing and thinking over an extended period of time.
- May be asked to develop a hypothesis and perform complex analysis.
- Reading Depth of Knowledge
- Writing Depth of Knowledge
- Mathematics Depth of Knowledge
- Science Depth of Knowledge
The following documents indicate the scale score ranges for each of the 2002 CSAPs and describe how to convert prior years' scores to the current scale.
Indicates the scale score ranges for each of the CSAPs.
CSAP Scale Score Ranges (updated 07/18/08)
CSAP 2002 Continuous Scales - Graphic
Displays in graph format the scale score ranges for each content area test.
CSAP 2002 Continuous Writing and Math Scales
Describes how to convert prior years' Writing and Math scores to the 2002 continuous Writing and Math scales, respectively.
- Download the CSAP 2002 Continuous Writing and Math Scales
Download the CSAP 2001 Continuous Reading Scale Information
Describes how to convert prior years' Reading scores to the 2001 continuous Reading scale.