The Education Accountability Act of 2009 (SB 09-163) authorizes the Colorado Department of Education to conduct an annual review of the performance of public schools and districts in the state and to make recommendations to the State Board of Education concerning the type of school improvement plan to be implemented in each school and the accreditation category for each district. To learn more about the overall structure of the state's accountability system, please see the resources below.
- 2012 School and District Accountability Timelines (August 21, 2012)
- Online Tutorial: Overview of Colorado's Accountability System (web-based) (Oct. 26, 2010)
- Historical Timeline of Accountability and Standards Initiatives (PDF) (June 25, 2010)
- Accountability 2.0 and Standards Overview (PPT) (presented at regional trainings in summer 2010)
- Accountability 2.0 Overview (PPT), as presented at regional training sessions (June 25, 2010)
- Components of Colorado Statewide System of Accountability and Support (PDF) (June 25, 2010)