You are here
21st Century Community Learning Centers
New Cohort 21st CCLC of Subgrantees Awarded!
The new Cohort of 21st CCLC Subgrantees began on July 1, 2018. Cohort VIII represents 40 organizations (school districts, community based organizations, and institutions of higher education), serving 68 centers/schools. They represent a broad spectrum of various organizations, regions of Colorado, student populations, and urban/suburban/rural areas.
Program Overview - 21st CCLC Fact Sheet (PDF)
The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) competitive grant program is authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015. The purpose of this important program is to to establish or expand community learning centers that:
- Provide opportunities for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students (particularly students in high-poverty areas and those who attend low-performing schools) meet state and local student performance standards in core academic subjects such as reading, writing, and mathematics;
- Offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities, such as youth development activities, service learning, nutrition and health education, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, arts, music, physical fitness and wellness programs, technology education programs, financial literacy programs, environmental literacy programs, mathematics, science, career and technical programs, internship or apprenticeship programs, and other ties to an in-demand industry sector or occupation for high school students that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students; and
- Offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children’s education, including opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
21st CCLC Funded Subgrantees
- 21st CCLC Cohort VII with Program Contact Information (PDF)
- 21st CCLC Cohort VIII with Program Contact Information (PDF)
Previously Funded - 21st CCLC Cohorts I - VI (Sortable Excel)
Dana Scott - 21st CCLC State Coordinator
Scott_D@cde.state.co.us | (303) 866-6791
Cody Buchanan - 21st CCLC Lead Consultant
Buchanan_C@cde.state.co.us | (303) 866-6861
Anna Young - 21st CCLC Lead Consultant
Young_A@cde.state.co.us | (303) 866-6488
Delaney McGinn - 21st CCLC Program Assistant
McGinn_D@cde.state.co.us | (303) 866-6679